Originally built as the the Odd Fellows IOOF Lodge in 1909, the building is now known as the Montvale Event Center.
On January 1, 1909, the first cornerstone of Odd Fellows IOOF Lodge was laid, and the building itself was dedicated ten months later. Now called the Montvale Events Center, the building is a well-preserved example of a lodge building that had retail businesses on the ground floor for most of its history.
The building served as the meeting place for the Independent Order of Odd Fellows for almost 90 years until the building was sold in 1997. Throughout its life, the building hosted numerous businesses. The ground floor initially housed the Herring-Hall-Marvin Safe Company and the Turnbull undertaking rooms. The Riley Candy Company occupied the space from 1917 to the mid-1940s. The Metronome Dance Hall was in the first floor from 1950-1953 until it became the Hi-Spot Dance Hall in 1954-1956.
Now the ground floor houses the Montvale, which is often used for weddings, meetings, and conferences.
The Lodge Room, known as the Library Lounge and found on the second floor, is embellished with oak woodwork. Massive mahogany ceremonial chairs dot the lounge. The Library Lounge opens to the largest bar in the building and has been carefully preserved.
The second floor, also has Ella’s Theater, has a wood stage and terraced seating. Except for the terraced seating that was added around 2000, the mahogany trimmed room is much as it looked a century ago.
There is a large ballroom, known as Ella’s Supper Club, on the third floor. A small bar area, not plumbed for service, is just outside Ella’s Supper Club.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999, the event center retains its charm and distinction in the historical record of Spokane.
Contact us for a tour!